Ok, I can't avoid this, so i'll face up to my fears and tighten my cheeks and see the results:
Here's what I posted last year:
RESOLUTIONS FOR 2009
1) I will make $80,000 in 2009. I will have fun doing it.
I haven't done my taxes, but not close. But I had fun working at Paulette's Macarons and the Gelato shop in SF and starting a new business in December in LA! 1/2 point for the fun factor.
2) I will find a great girlfriend, or many.
WIN! My Amanda is ze best. We met in February and are still together, a personal record btw. 1 point and a half out of 1!!
3) I will be ripped like Daniel Craig in Quantum of Solace. I will do it with a 99% vegetarian diet.
Heh. heh heh.AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!! Ok, so I'm no ripped like, well, anyone, but i'm not an ounce fatter than one year ago, and a year of off/on running races, some rugby has made me fitter with better endurance. but the vegeterian diet?? What was I *thinking*?? 1/2 point.
4) I will buy a sailboat to take my girlfriend(s) on.
No, but, looke here, I work in the boating industry and can take people sailing. 1/2 point.
5) I will not share a bedroom with my brother again. I will have as many rooms as girlfriends.
WIN! Except in December I moved to LA where I am staying (as part payment for work done, mind you), at my parents and I have less than a room. (I told you I had to be honest). 1/2 points.
6) I will indulge in no less than trips to Brazil, Argentina, Greece and India. In case of civil wars, the country next to it will suffice.
Dream big, right? Well I worked all year long and didn't take one damn vacation. ahh, well. 0 Points.
7) I will take my One-A-Day vitamins, once a day.
I stopped taking my vitamins right around...August. 1/2 point for 1/2 the year?
8) I will score ten (10) “Tries” at rugby.
Not close, i hurt my head and neck at practice in February and didn't rejoin the team. However I am now a proud coach for a an Under-13 rugby team, and play touch rugby at the beach on Sundays. Much safer. No points, but not sorry either. I ran my first 1/2 marathon, for one thing. 1/2 point.
9) I will end the year being able to prove wrong the Obama nay-sayers.
??? Well I can safe that he has had a very very busy first year, that he has launched many an initiative, but I can't say that I feel more confident, or as confident, but maybe 1/2 as confident in our new President as I did then. However he's far and away far better than Bush. 1/2 point.
10) I will enjoy this year in peace and happiness, whether or not these resolutions come true.
I really did enjoy the year (Thank you San Francisco!!), even if it wasn't in total peace or happiness, but it was truly a better year than the last, just as each year has been since I started counting. 1 Point.
Ok, I'm giving myself a 6/10 on the resolutions. What can I make of this? I think that besides the rosy outlook I gave myself, i can do much, much better. My financial situation is pretty much the same as then, didn't get any better, not worse. I could be exercizing more often, I could DEFINITELY travel more, and my neck injuries are still being felt, so health wise I have improvements to go. I don't have my own apartment--that would be a major WIN for 2010. I have not finished my degree, a total utter fail and i should have put it on my resolutions.
So, I can
haha I love this! and im so glad you have a blog too!!!
ReplyDeleteit can feel a little self-indulging, but I am getting more comfortable. It's fun to share, anyways, and I like to put these thoughts down.
ReplyDelete