Just going through my Gmail account, which had (ahem) 850 unread messages --mind over a LONG TIME!!!--, and besides realizing that I don't really read many of my parent's emails, I started this account in 2005 and it's tracked FOUR relationships, in various stages--"Great meeting you" stage, "let's hang out" stage, "I like you" stage, all the way to the sometimes bitter end.
if I had the time, I'd read each email in succession, and I'm bound to start seeing patterns in my relationships. (I did this for my ex-Jessa, and I caught several "DUH" moments where I should've seen that she really wanted me to be there for something, and tried to subtly tell me, and i totally missed it).
..it's weird having a log of your life, and I found myself sentimental, not wanting to ditch certain emails from loved ones, "just in case" years from now i'd want to read them (it's morbid, but i even thought i'd read my parent's emails when they've passed).
No comments:
Post a Comment