Monday, February 16, 2009

I'm Just Not That Into You..tonight.

Just saw the "chick-flick", "ultimate date movie" He's Just Not That Into You. It's based on a book that's based on real-life observations, and even through the distortions of Hollywood, the basic relationship issues are pretty much right on. I thought the guy's parts where on ON, and my date thought the girl's stuff was right on. And here's the thing: this movie BUGGED me, because in the end it didn't provide enlightenment or any answers, it made my slightly depressed and feel pretty lost.

You see, "He's Just Not That Into You' is a movie for girls about why boys don't return their calls, but I feel that way, often. I am nice and sincere and I pay attention, but really, I just get into a big circle that leads to a few kisses, lot's of hugs and plenty of frustrations. Sure, I am dating someone right now with whom it's fun, and pretty casual, even a bit romantic, but I couldn't commit to her. And that's where I start to also sound like the guys in this movie, because it's all about how we can't stay with one girl, we have to move from one to another. We are the torturers of love, and we make beautiful women sad and lonely. (Who knew Scarlett Johansson would have such a hard time finding a good date? Or the cute wife from HBO's 'Big Love', one of the leads here?)

I, for one, always say I want a relationship relationship like my twin brother always gets into, yet my last serious one ended, oh, almost a year ago. How come it doesn't happen? For one, I can't commit, because I am always looking over my shoulder (or my date's) to see if there is a better one. I meet one girl, I'm enamored, but then sometimes I can't seem to get myself to be anything else than silly and baffling, and soon I move on. I am so often afraid, and so I end up dating girls that have little urges to have boyfriends. They are more like dudes who just want to have a good time and tease.

When will I figure it out? I think that deep down I am just waiting for the 'right girl' to fall in to my lap, to wave her flag, the so-called 'great girl' who'll be my long-time girlfriend. So this story is to be continued....

..now, if I can just focus on the economy and the sorry state of my finances.

No comments:

Post a Comment