25 Things about Byron Shirley
(I have done this before on MySpace, I am going to do it again blind and see what differences I get in what I share about myself...)
Rules: you are supposed to write a note with 25 random things, facts, habits, or goals about you.
I feel like an exhibitionist here...
1. Whereas I used to read only Fiction novels, now I read mostly non-fiction.
1b. I love Sociology--the study of humans in society, and read all the time about it, the latest being Malcolm Gladwell's Outliers.
2. Since November I have been exchanging long, handwritten letters with Texas inmate #1306208, Son Tran, a 27 years-old Vietnamese American who is serving a life sentence for a murder. He has been there for ten years already, and is one of the nicest, most positive person I have ever encountered. Here is his account: http://boingboing.net/son_tran.pdf )
3. As you might know already, I can be considered a metrosexual, which means " heterosexual men with a strong concern for their appearance, and/or whose lifestyles display attributes stereotypically attributed to gay men."--otherwise known as an "L.A. Guy".
4. I play rugby three times a week (Games are on Saturdays, come out to Treasure Island to see them!); I am winger for the San Francisco Golden Gate Colts, and took up the sport in late '07 after seeing my 12 year old brother join the youth team and biting my nails on the sideline. It's a terrific sport that keep me mentally and--duh--physically agile.
(TWENTY-FIVE things?? Wow, I better make these shorter, I'm gonna be at this all night long)
5. I am in denial about my BlackBerry addiction, yet when I wake up in the morning I can reach for it without opening my eyes.
6. I LOVE dancing. As Roberto told me at French Tuesday this week, "Man, every time I see you, you are dancing!".
7. I am also a huge foodie, but you may not want to invite me to your dinner, as I have always had an enormous appetite to boot. (And that was before I started to try and gain weight for rugby..)
8. I have never weighted more than 175 lbs and am 6 foot, and I very intent on keeping myself in great shape throughout my life. You won't see me get fat!
9. If this entrepreneurial work in California doesn't pan out, I am fully considering moving to India, Hong Kong, or Brazil, and take my chances there.
10. I considered myself an entrepreneur, and am currently involved in three different business, and love to give advice to others around me. I love having my hands in many different pies....
11. I have never been in a relationship for more than 9 months, although I would love to find the one to stay with, I am in no rush to.
12. I used to be a huge Marilyn Manson fan and wore black boots, pants, shirts and spiked hair. I used to think I could hate my twin brother, I used to get huge amounts of parking tickets and not pay for them, I used to not study at school, and I think i'm ready to move on from all those things.
13. I am mostly drug-free, I don't smoke regularly, and can do without alcohol or pot or uppers or downers to have fun.
14. I am practicing to do two marathons this year.
15. I have learned to keep my emotions in check when dealing with difficult work situations--no task too big, but still get flustered and panic on first dates.
16. I love that my brother Julian doesn't give a damn and admire him for it, yet I wish he would give a damn.
17. I love whatever my brother Taddeo does.
18. I have recently lived with my twin brother Perry, and we became friends again. One of the keys to that success was that I told myself I had to stop trying to tell him what to do.
19. I love self-expression, and I wonder if America is not a repressed country where little by little I am taught to be quieter and not speak up.
20. I am known as a "Peter Pan", who loves children and often can seem naive and green.
21. I love "up" music--that is, music that makes me happy, not sad. (Example: "Feeling Good" by Nina Simone. Exception: "Get Me Away From Here, I'm Dying" by Belle and Sebastian)
22. There is no "great tragedy" in my life.
23. I have seen "Slumdog Millionaire" six times. That is most definitely an "up" movie.
24. I can attribute most of my successes in my life to taking opportunities when they came up.
25. I am a great big ol' OBAMA supporter! :)
Rules: you are supposed to write a note with 25 random things, facts, habits, or goals about you.
I feel like an exhibitionist here...
1. Whereas I used to read only Fiction novels, now I read mostly non-fiction.
1b. I love Sociology--the study of humans in society, and read all the time about it, the latest being Malcolm Gladwell's Outliers.
2. Since November I have been exchanging long, handwritten letters with Texas inmate #1306208, Son Tran, a 27 years-old Vietnamese American who is serving a life sentence for a murder. He has been there for ten years already, and is one of the nicest, most positive person I have ever encountered. Here is his account: http://boingboing.net/son_
3. As you might know already, I can be considered a metrosexual, which means " heterosexual men with a strong concern for their appearance, and/or whose lifestyles display attributes stereotypically attributed to gay men."--otherwise known as an "L.A. Guy".
4. I play rugby three times a week (Games are on Saturdays, come out to Treasure Island to see them!); I am winger for the San Francisco Golden Gate Colts, and took up the sport in late '07 after seeing my 12 year old brother join the youth team and biting my nails on the sideline. It's a terrific sport that keep me mentally and--duh--physically agile.
(TWENTY-FIVE things?? Wow, I better make these shorter, I'm gonna be at this all night long)
5. I am in denial about my BlackBerry addiction, yet when I wake up in the morning I can reach for it without opening my eyes.
6. I LOVE dancing. As Roberto told me at French Tuesday this week, "Man, every time I see you, you are dancing!".
7. I am also a huge foodie, but you may not want to invite me to your dinner, as I have always had an enormous appetite to boot. (And that was before I started to try and gain weight for rugby..)
8. I have never weighted more than 175 lbs and am 6 foot, and I very intent on keeping myself in great shape throughout my life. You won't see me get fat!
9. If this entrepreneurial work in California doesn't pan out, I am fully considering moving to India, Hong Kong, or Brazil, and take my chances there.
10. I considered myself an entrepreneur, and am currently involved in three different business, and love to give advice to others around me. I love having my hands in many different pies....
11. I have never been in a relationship for more than 9 months, although I would love to find the one to stay with, I am in no rush to.
12. I used to be a huge Marilyn Manson fan and wore black boots, pants, shirts and spiked hair. I used to think I could hate my twin brother, I used to get huge amounts of parking tickets and not pay for them, I used to not study at school, and I think i'm ready to move on from all those things.
13. I am mostly drug-free, I don't smoke regularly, and can do without alcohol or pot or uppers or downers to have fun.
14. I am practicing to do two marathons this year.
15. I have learned to keep my emotions in check when dealing with difficult work situations--no task too big, but still get flustered and panic on first dates.
16. I love that my brother Julian doesn't give a damn and admire him for it, yet I wish he would give a damn.
17. I love whatever my brother Taddeo does.
18. I have recently lived with my twin brother Perry, and we became friends again. One of the keys to that success was that I told myself I had to stop trying to tell him what to do.
19. I love self-expression, and I wonder if America is not a repressed country where little by little I am taught to be quieter and not speak up.
20. I am known as a "Peter Pan", who loves children and often can seem naive and green.
21. I love "up" music--that is, music that makes me happy, not sad. (Example: "Feeling Good" by Nina Simone. Exception: "Get Me Away From Here, I'm Dying" by Belle and Sebastian)
22. There is no "great tragedy" in my life.
23. I have seen "Slumdog Millionaire" six times. That is most definitely an "up" movie.
24. I can attribute most of my successes in my life to taking opportunities when they came up.
25. I am a great big ol' OBAMA supporter! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment